Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Trail Mix


Last weekend when we went to the Great Wall a sister in our branch mixed up a bag of trail mix. It was so yummy I decided I wanted to make some of my own. The great things about trail mix is you put what you like in it. It has really been quite filling and with some healthy things I don't feel too bad letting my kids (or myself) indulge everyday.
So my filling was:
1 box Multi grain Cheerios
1 box Granola cereal with dried Strawberries
1/2 can peanuts
1/2 can cashews
1/2 can almonds
1/2 bag raisins
1/2 bag craisins
1 pkg. dried pineapple cut into chunks
1 lg. bag plain M&M's
1/2 bag chocolate chips
1/2 bag peanut butter chips
The kids have consumed it. They each have something they leave in their bowls when they are finished but really it has been minimal. Plus it seems to be the perfect after school snack to tided them over until our now very late dinner time of 6:30pm. Sorry for you who don't think this is late but we use to eat around 5:30pm.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

That sounds delicious!!!!!

I'm so Lucky

Followers