Saturday, January 16, 2010


Well this card was a technique challenge I decided to try yesterday. The point was to quilt, or make a quilt pattern with paper. This was my second go at it, my first attempt you could see then lines I drew to try and keep myself in the pattern. I also didn't make the pattern as well as this one. So I decided to give it another try and this is how it turned out. Since there are so many small pieces I used Modge Podge to glue it all together and I am and very happy with it.

Friday was my visiting teaching partners birthday and I wanted to make something for her and these are what I made. It took me all week to make the 5 cards I gave her since I don't get much time in my scrapbook room now that I have 4 kids.

I think this one is my favorite. I bought these clear buttons a long time ago but had never used them. I punched 3 flower punches and then crumpled them up and sewed them together with the button to give it some depth.

This one was time consuming since I had to cut out the flowers but in the end it was worth it.

This was the first one I made and I used a sketch that I found on line. I thought it would be really easy but it actually took me the longest of all the cards.

This card I think went together the quickest.

With this one I was a bit smarted and remembered I had some bigger oval cutters and they were just about right for the large oval punch I have so these ovals look crisp and clean unlike the card a few above.

Hope you enjoyed looking!


Cristy said...

Oh, I love the quilt one. It is so pretty!

I'm so Lucky