Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Creamy Vegetable Bow Tie Toss

I made this very yummy and very easy pasta dish last night for dinner. I would post the link to the Taste of Home Website but this recipe happens to be for Subscribers only so even I can't see it. But I bought the cookbook and that is how I now have it. So hopefully that is enough of a say from where the recipe came from to not break any copyrights to sharing this with you. I felt like it was pretty healthy since it is chuck full of delicious veggies and it was done in about 20 Min's. Can't bet that. The recipe makes a lot so I cut it in halve and still had plenty.

12 oz. uncooked Bow tie pasta, I used a different kind, as you can see
2 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
2. c cut fresh asparagus, I didn't not use this since it is out of season
2 medium sweet onions, chopped
2 medium carrots, sliced (now this I did use all of even when I halved it since my family loves carrots)
1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
1/3 c. butter
2/3 c. chicken broth
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. prepared ranch dressing
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese, Swiss would also taste nice in this I would think
1 T. dried parsley
1 T. dried basil
1/2 t. salt

Cook the pasta according to the package direction. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute veggies in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in broth; cook for 3 minutes or until veggies are crisp tender.
In a small bowl combine sour cream , ranch, cheese, parsley, basil, and salt; stir into skillet and heat through. Drain pasta and add to skillet and toss to coat.

I didn't add the pasta but let people put on as much as they wanted. I also sprinkled some cheese on top but not until after I had started eating it so it is not in the picture.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

That looks yummy! :)

I'm so Lucky

Followers